Classification, use and maintenance of automobile sealing strips
Classification of automobile sealant strips:
1. Vulcanized rubber sealing strips are generally made of EPDM. Excellent overall performance, outstanding ozone resistance, excellent weather resistance, good high temperature and low temperature resistance, outstanding chemical resistance, resistance to a variety of polar solutes, and low relative density. The disadvantage is that it has a large amount of expansion in general mineral oil and lubricating oil, and it is generally a dark-colored product. The operating temperature range is -60～+150℃. With its wide application range and excellent comprehensive performance, it has been recognized by domestic and foreign industry enterprises.
2. Silicone rubber sealing tape has outstanding high and low temperature resistance, ozone resistance and weather resistance; it has excellent hydrophobicity and proper air permeability; it has unparalleled insulation performance; it can reach the hygienic level of food hygiene requirements. Meet the requirements of various colors. The disadvantage is that the mechanical strength is the worst among rubber materials, and it is not resistant to oil. Operating temperature range -100～+300℃. It can be applied to areas with high temperature, cold, strong ultraviolet radiation and middle and high-rise buildings.
3. Compared with other special rubbers, the performance of the neoprene sealant (CR) is worse, but the overall performance is well balanced. It has excellent weather resistance, ozone resistance, heat aging resistance, oil and solvent resistance, good chemical resistance and excellent flame resistance, and good adhesion. Poor storage stability, hardening will occur during storage, and cold resistance is not good. The relative density is relatively large. Generally black products. It is used in the environment where oil resistance, heat resistance, acid and alkali resistance are required. The operating temperature range is -30～+120℃.
4. The main characteristics of nitrile rubber sealing strips are oil resistance and solvent resistance, but they are not resistant to media such as ketones, esters and chlorinated hydrocarbons. They have good elasticity and mechanical properties. The disadvantage is that it is easy to age and crack in ozone and oxidation, and has poor cold resistance and low temperature resistance.
5. Thermoplastic elastomer sealing strips have good elasticity and excellent wear resistance, good oil resistance, a wide adjustable range of hardness (Shore A hardness of 65 to 80 degrees), and mechanical properties (tensile strength, Elongation at break) is superior, excellent cold resistance and chemical resistance are intertwined with corrosion performance, and the price of raw materials is higher. It is a recyclable material. The operating temperature range is -60～+80℃. It is suitable for earthquake-prone areas, near railways or factories with high-power cranes and other areas with strong vibrations, as well as areas with strong ultraviolet radiation.
6. Thermoplastic vulcanizate (TPV) sealing tape has the flexibility and elasticity of rubber, and can be produced by plastic processing methods without vulcanization. The waste can be recycled and reused. It is a material with a wide range of properties. It has good heat resistance and cold resistance, low relative density, oil resistance and solvent resistance similar to neoprene, and it is not very good in compression set and abrasion resistance. The operating temperature range is -40～+150℃. It can be applied to cold, and middle and high-rise buildings.
7. Plasticized polyvinyl chloride (PPVC) sealing tape material is cheap and easy to obtain, has corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, acid and alkali resistance and various chemical media, combustion resistance, high mechanical strength; the disadvantage is that it is easy to cooperate with the plasticizer in the system Migrate, harden and become brittle over time, lose elasticity, are not resistant to aging, and have poor weather resistance and low temperature performance. Generally dark products. It is suitable for occasions where the light is not strong, the temperature changes little, and the climatic conditions are not bad.
8. The surface coating material is to coat polyurethane, silicone, polytetrafluoroethylene and other substances on the surface of the sealing strip to replace the surface flocking of the traditional process. The coated sealing strip has good wear resistance and smoothness, especially the sealing strip coated with silica gel surface coating, the surface friction coefficient is small, which is conducive to the sliding of door and window sashes. Suitable for doors and windows with sliding doors and sashes. It is a substitute for traditional siliconized wool tops.
Daily maintenance and use skills of automobile sealant strips:
1. Check the sealing strip for large cracks and breaks.If the sealing strip is broken, it can be repaired with adhesive.Especially with the special adhesive for sealing strips, it is easy to repair large cracks.Of course, if the sealing strip is severely damaged or has a large degree of aging, it is best to replace the new sealing strip to save trouble.
2. After the car owner uses car detergent to clean the door and window sealing strips, it is best to apply a layer of high-permeability protective agent, which can prevent the sealing strip from aging and greatly improve the sealing performance of the sealing strip .In addition, the gaps between the sealing strips are easily filled with sand and dust, which can cause rust.For this reason, sand and dust should be removed with a brush.
3. When replacing the entire car body, a layer of sealant should be applied to the overlapped part of the weld. The thickness of the glue layer should be about 1mm, and the glue layer must not have defects such as virtual stickiness and air bubbles .3mm-4mm elastic coating and anti-corrosion coating should be applied to the entire lower surface of the floor and the lower surface of the front wheel cover.These measures can not only greatly enhance the airtightness of the vehicle and slow down the corrosion rate of the car body, but also greatly improve the ride comfort.
4. The sealing of the door and the body is a difficult part. The sealing requirements are relatively strict, the part to be sealed is relatively long, the cross-sectional shape of each sealing part is not the same, and the door is opened and closed frequently.In luxury cars, three and four seals are often installed, and the four-layer seal structure of the front pillar and the roof side beam is installed.This kind of multi-channel seal is generally arranged in the front door seam . In addition to the sealing function, it also has the effect of automobile sound insulation and noise reduction.
5. After the car window glass is damaged, the car owner should check whether the sealing strip is damaged when changing to the glass.Since car windows often fail to return to their original shape after being repaired, in addition to ensuring that the car window glass can be easily pulled or lifted at this time, attention should also be paid to the airtightness around the car window glass.If the gap between the glass and the glass notch is uneven, and the rubber strip is in poor contact with the glass and the glass groove, the car owner can easily pull the sealing strip off by hand.
6. When changing the roof, the car owner should first apply a layer of conductive sealant on the periphery of the roof. After the welding is completed, apply hemming glue all over the water tank and the joints, which will not only help the body The sealing can prevent the car body from rusting early due to the accumulation of water at the flange weld.
7. The car sunroof is the basic configuration of most family cars. When the sunroof of the car is opened, the rubber sealing strip track is exposed to the air, which inevitably accumulates dust and even runs into small gravel. Long-term use may cause the sunroof to be deformed due to wear and tear and block the drainage hole. Therefore, it is very important to clean the track regularly and apply lubricating oil to the track. Although the car sealing strip is a small part in the car body, it can ensure that the door is stable and heavy, and it can also protect the car from wind and rain, dust, heat and sound insulation, and has a decorative effect on the edges of the doors and windows. When the car body is subjected to vibration and distortion, the sealing strip also functions as a buffer, shock absorption, and protection of the glass. Therefore, car maintenance is no small matter, and no link can be ignored. Disclaimer: This article only represents the author’s personal views and has nothing to do with this website. The purpose of posting this article on this website for the purpose of transmitting more information does not mean that it agrees with its views or confirms its description. The content of the article is for reference only, readers are requested to verify the relevant content by themselves.
Link to this article：Classification, use and maintenance of automobile sealing strips
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank