Differences and Advantages of Seamed Steel Pipes and Seamless Ssteel Pipes
1. Seamless steel tubes can be divided into hot rolled seamless tubes, cold drawn tubes, precision steel tubes, hot expanded tubes, cold spinning tubes and extruded tubes according to production methods. Seamless steel tubes are made of high-quality carbon steel or alloy steel, and are divided into hot rolled and cold rolled (drawn).
2. (Seamed steel pipe) Welded steel pipe is divided into furnace welded pipe, electric welding (resistance welded) pipe and automatic arc welded pipe due to different welding processes. Due to the different welding forms, it is divided into two types: straight welded pipe and spiral welded pipe. The shape of the end is divided into round welded pipe and special-shaped (square, flat, etc.) welded pipe. Welded steel pipes are welded by butt-seam or spiral seam welded steel tubes. In terms of manufacturing methods, they are further divided into low-pressure fluid transportation welded steel tubes, spiral seam welded steel tubes, direct coil welded steel tubes, and welded steel tubes. Seamless steel pipes can be used for liquid pressure pipes and gas pipes in various industries. Welded pipelines can be used for water pipelines, gas pipelines, heating pipelines, electrical pipelines, etc.
Difference between seamed steel pipe and seamless steel pipe:
The processing technology is different: Seamless pipes are made of high-quality carbon steel or alloy steel. The processing technology of seamless pipe is divided into cold drawing and hot rolling, and the seamed pipe is generally welded.
Different uses: seamless pipes are mainly used as pipes or structural parts for transporting fluids, mainly in the machinery industry, and seamed steel pipes are mainly used in the construction industry, such as low-pressure fluids such as water delivery, gas, and compressed air. But the pressure pipes involved are all seamless steel tubes.
Different prices: Because the manufacturing process of seamless steel pipes is more complicated, the price is more expensive than the seamed steel pipes, and the seamed steel pipes are mainly made of steel plates (steel belts) by secondary welding, which is cheap and widely used.
Seamless steel tubes are widely used in the manufacture of structural parts and mechanical parts, such as petroleum drill pipes, automobile drive shafts, bicycle frames, and steel scaffolds used in building construction. The use of steel tubes to make ring parts can improve material utilization and simplify manufacturing processes. In order to save materials and processing time, steel pipes have been widely used for manufacturing. And its quality is relatively light. It is a very economical section steel. Its advantages are as follows:
1. The seamless steel pipe is light in weight, and its weight is only 1/5 of the square steel;
2. Corrosion resistance of seamless steel pipes: Corrosion resistance to acid, alkali, salt and atmospheric environment, high temperature resistance, good impact resistance and fatigue resistance, no need for regular maintenance, and effective service life can reach more than 15 years;
3. The tensile strength of the seamless steel pipe is 8-10 times more than that of ordinary steel, the elastic modulus is better than that of steel, and it has excellent creep resistance, corrosion resistance and shock resistance;
4. The seamless steel pipe has excellent mechanical properties and easy machining, etc.;
5.Seamless steel tube has high elasticity, reuse in mechanical equipment, no memory, no deformation, and anti-static;
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.
Link to this article：Differences and Advantages of Seamed Steel Pipes and Seamless Ssteel Pipes
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks