High-quality lubricants are indispensable for engine maintenance
How to protect the car engine, how to maintain the excellent performance of the engine, and reduce the maintenance cost caused by the engine failure repair? For car owners, this is the focus of attention.
The heart of the automobile engine makes the oil depend on the fast movement of this part and the poor environment. The working temperature can reach 400°C to 600°C. Under such harsh working conditions, only qualified lubricating oil can reduce the engine parts Wear and prolong service life.
Engine as a kind of machinery, the requirements for lubricating oil have in common with general machinery, such as proper viscosity, certain anti-oxidation, anti-wear, anti-corrosion and viscosity-temperature performance requirements. But the engine is a special kind of machinery, and its requirements for lubricating oil have its special side, and its particularity mainly includes:
1) The general requirements for the engine are small size, light weight, compact structure, and large output power, so its unit friction surface bears a large load.
2) In addition to frictional heat, it is also affected by combustion heat. Therefore, the temperature of the friction surface is very high, which reduces the viscosity of the lubricating oil and makes it difficult to form an oil film.
3) The high-temperature and high-pressure combustion gas in the combustion chamber will leak to the crankcase through the gap between the piston, piston ring and cylinder liner. These combustion gases are the gas produced by the complete combustion and incomplete combustion of fuel and a small amount of lubricating oil. Some particulate matter (soot) usually becomes the main component of crankcase blow-by, which will pollute the lubricating oil and promote its oxidation under certain conditions.
4) The lubricating oil needed around the combustion chamber enters through the gap between the piston and the cylinder liner, and the gap between the valve stem and the valve guide, so it is difficult to supply oil.
5) Pistons, valves and other parts reciprocate during work, so the relative speed at the top and bottom dead centers is zero, making it difficult to form an oil film. The piston pin and the bushing are in oscillating motion, and the oil film is difficult to form.
6) When the engine is stopped and running for a long time, the temperature is very different, and due to the thermal expansion and thermal deformation of the parts, it is difficult to control the constant gap of some friction pairs. The gap may be too small to cause adhesion and sintering, or it may be caused by The gap is too large to cause shock and vibration to cause damage. In these cases, the oil film is difficult to adhere.
7) There are a variety of friction pairs in the engine, such as pistons and cylinder liners, crankshaft journals and bearings, cams and followers, gears, etc., although they have different requirements for lubricating oil lubrication performance, but in an engine Only one type of lubricating oil can be used (except for large marine diesel engines), so a variety of lubrication conditions should be taken into consideration when choosing lubricating oil.
8) The use environment of vehicle engines is complex, such as temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, dust, etc. change greatly. At the same time, because the engine oil often contains elements such as sulfur and lead, it will promote the corrosion and wear of certain parts.
The automotive parts and parts machining, PTJ Shop offers the highest degree of OEM service with a basis of 10+ years experience serving the automotive industry. Our automotive precision shop and experts deliver confidence. We have perfected the art of producing large component volumes with complete JIT reliability, backed by the quality and long-term reliability our customers expect.
Link to this article：High-quality lubricants are indispensable for engine maintenance
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank